Vintage Photographs Paul Manship WORLDS FAIR Moods of Time Sculptures by RUSSELL
Important Vintage Photographs by Walter J. Russell of sculptures by Paul Manship; Moods of Time, Morning, Day, Evening, Night. Four moods of time located in pool in front of Time and Fates of Man at 1939 Worlds Fair in NY. Inaddition; A letter dated Nov.
29, 1938 from Rochette & Parzini to William DeMeo stating their intention to hire Mr. DeMeo to enlarge four Paul Manship sculptures for the 1939 World's Fair; an original contract dated Dec. DeMeo to produce four enlarged sculpures; and a letter dated May 29, 1939 from Paul Manship to William DeMeo stating his satisfaction with the enlargement work of Manship's sculptures.
Also, a 2 3/8"x4.25" negative and photo showing installation of the four sculputres at the 1939 Worlds Fair pool. From the estate of William DeMeo. DeMeo had a sculpture studio in NYC and did work for James Earle Fraser, Laura Fraser, Paul Manship, et al.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "bags2468" and is located in this country: US.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Size: 7x9 inch
- Photographer: WILLIAM RUSSELL
- Production Technique: UNKNOWN
- Framing: Unframed
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Material: Paper, THICK PAPER STOCK
- Theme: Americana
- Format: 7 x 9 inch
- Type: Photograph
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Number of Photographs: 5
- Subject: Scilpture, World's Fair
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Date of Creation: 1939
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Year of Production: 1939
- Image Color: Black & White
- Time Period Manufactured: 1939
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: 7x9”
- Region of Origin: New York
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Photo Type: Gelatin Silver
- Color: Black & White