Two Very Rare California Town View CDVs of Benicia by Selleck Storefront Brewery
Two rare CDVs taken in Benicia, California by San Francisco photographer Silas Selleck. The first shows the Benicia Brewery, the name visible on the sign above the building. The second image shows downtown Benicia, with some pedestrians and store signs visible..
A very readable one handing above the door of A. McDonell's Dry Goods & Groceries store.
I found McDonell's store in an 1860s Benicia directory. Both are 4" x 2.5" and in very good antique condition with light foxing. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Unit of Sale: Lot
- Antique: Yes
- Image Orientation: Landscape
- Signed: No
- Image Color: Black & White
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: California, History
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Year of Production: 1860s
- Theme: Americana, Cities & Towns, History
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States