Early 1840s Daguerreotype Young Man Long Hair Robert Cornelius Case RARE! Sealed
Sixth-plate, early-1840s daguerreotype of a young man with long hair, wearing a large tie, seated at a small table. Dag is housed in Cornelius's Acorn case.
Uncommon or rare square, wavy pattern mat. Underside of the glass is very dirty, but as far as I can see the plate has no damage at all, and the original seals, while very fragile, are still intact.
Cleaning the glass should improve the image 100%! Case has light wear but is complete with no repairs and in excellent overall antique condition. Daguerre history photographer camera 1840 1839 1841 1840s 1842 handsome gay photo photography museum photo vintage 1800s. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Antique: Yes
- Photo Type: Daguerreotype
- Color: Black & White
- Date of Creation: Pre-1850
- Framing: Matted
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Men, Historic & Vintage
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Daguerreotype
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Theme: Americana, Art, Photography, 1840s
- Featured Refinements: Daguerreotype Case
- Time Period Manufactured: Pre-1850
- Production Technique: Daguerreotype
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States